Sunday, March 09, 2008

What Time Is It Anyway?

Got up this morning and all the computers and TV's said it was 9:00am but the phones and alarm clocks said it was 8:00am.

Obviously this was the daylight savings bullshit gone bad but how in the hell could someone fuck up the atomic time clock which the alarms and phones feed from?

Had this been an actual day when I really needed to get up and be somewhere by 8am I would've been fucked since both the alarm clock and the alarm in the phone, which I prefer because it's louder, would've both malfunctioned.

Anyway, around 11:00am everything was back in synch.

Don't you just love fucking daylight savings time?

Blech.

2 comments:

SteveG said...

Wow, several posts in a row for me to comment on, thanks Bill!!

You get no sympathy from me.. I'm in Indiana, the formerly only smart state where we ignored DST year after year.. Last year the Gov. finally rammed the change down our throats, even though it had repeatedly been voted down.. The Dept. of Transportation had a fine joke at his expense too, they stuck us on EST even though we are 90 minutes from Chicago which is CST..

I'm sure we do FAR more business with New York than we do Chicago..

And to make it even better, reports are now coming out since this is the first time to do a real study on the economics of DST vs non-DST.. The switch cost us roughly $8mill / year in higher utility rates..

I hate politicians :)

Anonymous said...

How in the hell could someone fuck up the atomic time clock which the alarms and phones feed from?

Humans have a knack for fucking things up, what can I say?

Just pray those eggheads at CERN don't fuck up the stability of the quantum vacuum when they turn on the LHC later this year.