Thursday, July 13, 2006

DIT - Dissident Internet Technology

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the Chinese people having open access to the internet, but not via sneaky assed cached DIT proxies and not on my server.

If you want internet freedom you can a) move elsewhere like many of my Chinese friends and neighbors or b) overthrow your damned government and stop poking around in firewalls like children trying to bypass NetNanny.

Not like we have any internet freedom as the fucknuts in Washington state passed a law about online gambling that can have your ass tossed in prison just for WRITING about online gambling, not even doing it, so we have our own internet problems and politicians tossing out the 1st Amendment that need overthrowing right here at home.

The proxy details:

66.98.206.97
[ev1s-66-98-206-97.ev1servers.net.]
"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1), DynaWeb http://www.dit-inc.us/disclaimer.php
The amusing part was, unless it was spoofed, the IP being forwarded was 65.59.219.179 which belongs to Level 3 Communications, which certainly isn't in China unless it was yet another proxy server relaying from there.

Sorry people, I know it's harsh, but bad shit goes down via proxies and Chinese IP's have knocked my server offline as long as 90 minutes at a time asking for hundreds of pages a second.

Not that I don't have sympathy for their situation, but I have NO fucking sympathy for anything that has potential to enable my server going offline.

No comments: