Thursday, June 08, 2006

Anonymous Media, just can't make this shit up

Here comes another scaper with a mission called Anonymous Media and they want your shit.

63.133.162.98 - "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.0" 200 146 "-" "Anonymous/0.0 (Anonymous; http://www.anonymous.com; noreply@anonymous.com)"

Right on their website it says they:

  • SPY "anonymous watches what consumers watch"
  • SCRAPE "anonymous compiles data from multiple sources"
  • PROFIT "anonymous generates market reports and analysis"
  • TARGETS YOU "anonymous conducts custom market research"
OK, is it just me or are we all getting SICK OF THIS SPYBOT SHIT?

Maybe we should just install 301 redirects to other spybot companies when spybots come crawling it points to a competitor and just let them crawl each other's sites to death.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it is time to goto a allow system instead of a deny server side...

IncrediBILL said...

Yup, that's what I've been preaching for months now - OPT-IN to bots, whitelist is the only way to go.

When you see me post about things they were already blocked and I'm researching to see if they should be allowed, so I'm technically not a "bot blocker", I'm a "bot allower" :)