Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Scrapevertising

Well here's a new combination that really pissed me off with a scraper and referer spammer all rolled into one. Saw this spunk monkey crawling my site, the bot blocker was already stopping his ass, but something caught my attention in that every page crawled had the same referer as the origin. Sure enough, when I went to look at the site attempting to get notoreity from my access log it was a new directory web site that was using scrapings to get attention to the site for people submitting listings.

Holy shit, you mean to tell me people are stupid enough to click "submit url" when they can plainly see all the listings are junk that don't even have valid links out?

Apparently they are that stupid as the bottom of each so-called directory page appears to be actual submitted listings opposed to the scraped crap content without outbound links at the top trying to snare search engine love.

Now I'm steamed, this is NOT a pretty turn of events.

No comments: