Sunday, January 15, 2006

Blocking Reveals Odd Traffic Hits

Now that I've tightened the noose even tighter on bots and user agents there are some really odd hits showing up in my auto-blocked log file when analyzed for any false positives.

Something very odd has surfaced with a lot of single page requests coming from seemingly random IPs with no identification whatsoever, just the page request, but doing a reverse DNS lookup can be very revealing.

One such revelation was something I've never heard of called Covenant Eye's with an anonymous spider hitting my site. Since Covenant Eyes is a paid service it's too bad since they aren't going to be collecting any more free informaion by scanning my site. If you people figure out I'm blocking you and you really want access bad, maybe we can work out some financial terms for accessing my site!

No comments: