Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Yahoo Aggressively Indexing

I've been monitoring the search engines to see which one is the most agressive at indexing this blog and it seems Yahoo is way out front with 2 day old content indexed and searchable, with MSN's index a day behind and Google pulling up in the rear.

Why this is fascinating in my opinion as Yahoo seems to want to be the big aggregator of information and is really stepping up to the plate. Perhaps it has something to do with a lot of people using My Yahoo to monitor their RSS feeds and it would make sense to try to get anything seen in the feeds searchable as soon as possible just like they do with Yahoo News.

Needless to say, Yahoo has been quite impressive over the last couple of weeks since I started this and I'm going to keep monitoring for a couple of weeks and see if they're the consistent leader.

No comments: