Thursday, November 24, 2005

Google Dumped Webmaster World!

Well, at least we now know that Google's serious that if you block them via robots.txt that they will yank your site and every page on it. About 2 million Webmaster World pages went POOF!

The natives are up in arms over no ability to search the site, newbies that just lost their AdSense account don't know how to find WW now and complain they were booted for invalid clicks, the AdSense forum members don't have fodder for their folly, it's a real sad state of affairs.

In the immortal words of REM:
"It's the end of the (webmaster) world as we know it and I feel fine"

1 comment:

IncrediBILL said...

I don't think it's monetization at this point as I've seen WMW crawling a few times so aggressive bots may be the only motivation.

All I can say is it happens to my site too, even shuts down the server for up to 30 minutes now and then overloading it with requests, but I've yet to throw out the baby with the bath water just to solve the problem.